dating and relationships

Relationship: Tips for Building a Healthy Connection

About 60% of people in the United States say they are happy in their relationships. But what about the other 40%? As you can see, building a connection with another person isn’t always a piece of cake, and only some get it right. 

Do you need relationship support? Check out our tips from true dating experts. You can be sure they are more effective than just a chat with a friend over a beer.

What is the Definition of a Relationship?

Before we give you any advice, let’s define the basics of a relationship. In this case, we are talking about the romantic kind. According to Sternberg’s love theory, it consists of three parts:

  1. Intimacy. This means feeling close and connected. At first, it might be about physical closeness, but later, it’s more about emotional connection.
  2. Passion. This is about feeling strong attraction and love.
  3. Commitment. Your conscious decision to stick with your partner. You both agree on goals and work together to achieve them.

How Do You Work in a Relationship?

Are you looking for ways to improve your life with your partner? We have collected the top recommendations to help you be happy in a relationship. Read on and start implementing these tips! 

  1. Accept conflict as normal

Most people who come for relation advice think that there are couples who never argue. That’s simply nonsense. If you love each other, it doesn’t mean that you must have the same views on everything. Don’t let such nuances ruin your bonds. Instead of proving that you are right and your partner is wrong, try to find a compromise. 

  1. Take care of your own needs 

There are lots of things you can do together with your spouse. But if you want to go watch the new Marvel movie in the cinema and your wife says it’s not her cup of tea, it doesn’t mean you can’t go. Get used to the fact that you’re an adult and you don’t need to bring your second half with you everywhere. 

  1. Support your partner

Now it might sound obvious, but most people still ignore this fact about relationships. Supporting your partner is not just about saying, “You can do it. I believe in you!” without having a clue about the details. The best relationship advice is to be genuinely interested in the life of your girlfriend or wife. 

  1. Keep it interesting

Living and spending time with your significant other is not a job someone asked you to do. If you are looking for relationship issues help, you and your partner might be drowning in the daily routine of work-home-work forgetting about the simple joys of life. Start doing a new hobby together, discuss the books you read, and go out and dance the whole night. 

Want to get more helpful advice on relationships? We have covered a lot of various topics in our other articles. Check them out and learn the best ways to improve your romantic life! 

emotional safety

Emotional Safety – A Secret of Happy Relationship

If you have begun to feel less comfortable, less free, and less safe in your...
date your spouse

9 Date Your Spouse Ideas to Add Romance to Your Marriage

If your marriage hasn’t been romantic in a long time, go on a date with...